Dear Diary,
Yesterday was a hard day. You'd think that after a year and a half of heartache I'd be done feeling heartachey and crybabyish, right? Apparently not.
So yesterday I was helping a friend move from his storage unit to his new HOUSE. He is very excited and was showing me all the stuff he had. He's divorced too and to see all of his life in one little room in boxes was kind of sad, but he was so happy and said it was like Christmas, unwrapping all his old toys and what not. I have all my stuff in storage at the same unit upstairs so I thought I'd take a peak since I hadn't been there since I moved it all there in August. Big mistake.
I went up there expecting to be all excited too, finding nuggets of familiar things. Instead all I saw were boxes of unopened gifts, reminders of hurt feelings and dreams never to come true. Its all I have to show for an 11 month marriage and 8 months of separation. I leaned against the door frame and cried, and cried. My friend came up to see if I was ok, saw me at my pathetic state, and gave me hug and a shoulder to cry on for another 20 minutes. No questions asked, no telling me to feel better, just a hug and a shoulder. I grabbed a candle and a little shelf to take home so I didn't feel like I went up there for nothing.
I went home, cried for another 20 minutes on mom's sholder, ate too much buttery dinner and threw up until 11pm. All in all a productive day.
Good news: The divorce is final this Sunday, Nov. 9th, so I'm having a Sushi night at Sato Sushi off of Monteray Road in San Jose for any one who would like to come. I am planning on getting "drunk" off of Miso soup! I actually am excited, don't let the story above confuse you.
Until my next next mental break down, kisses!
Friday, November 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
*hugs* I'm so sorry I wasn't there for you. I'm glad you're doing better now.
Post a Comment