completely out of the blue!!!
Here's the story i emailed out:
The guy is Jeremy Davis and he's originally from 26th ward.
We met at a church activity last November and started dating near the end of February. He got accepted into BYU-Idaho and left in April for a Physics and teaching major, so we had been staying in contact through phone calls, thousands of texts and emails. We talked about how well our personalities compliment each other, how we miss each other, and how we could easily see the future with each other... which led to talking about marriage. Apparently that's when he bought the ring, HA! We've kept things on the down-low because he is pretty private and I didn't want to jinx it!
He came home the last week of July and while I was in Panama he sat with my parents and talked about us getting married. They are really supportive and think Jeremy is good for me :)
I honestly thought he would ask in November before thanksgiving, I'm trying to fly out to see Rexburg then drive back with him. He thought he was going to wait until September, but the ring was burning his pocket!
Yesterday we drove to his house from my work and went for a walk to the park after dinner. It was a BEAUTIFUL day in San Jose, so it was kind of busy at the park (loose dogs, joggers, pregnant walkers?) which made him kinda nervous so he lead the walk back to his house. We went to his back yard (while I was babbling like an idiot about nothing) and he turns to me and pulls the ring out of his pocket and asks "will you marry me?" then went down on one knee. I started hyperventilating and just stared at the ring and I think he asked "please?" or he made the puppy face and I thought he said please, hahaha! I finally said yes and after laughing my head off, I asked "what do we do now?".
We don't have a date set yet because there is a lot to do in our lives before then, but we are patient and are just happy to have each other in our lives!
Ta Da! now you are all caught up!
The guy is Jeremy Davis and he's originally from 26th ward.
We met at a church activity last November and started dating near the end of February. He got accepted into BYU-Idaho and left in April for a Physics and teaching major, so we had been staying in contact through phone calls, thousands of texts and emails. We talked about how well our personalities compliment each other, how we miss each other, and how we could easily see the future with each other... which led to talking about marriage. Apparently that's when he bought the ring, HA! We've kept things on the down-low because he is pretty private and I didn't want to jinx it!
He came home the last week of July and while I was in Panama he sat with my parents and talked about us getting married. They are really supportive and think Jeremy is good for me :)
I honestly thought he would ask in November before thanksgiving, I'm trying to fly out to see Rexburg then drive back with him. He thought he was going to wait until September, but the ring was burning his pocket!
Yesterday we drove to his house from my work and went for a walk to the park after dinner. It was a BEAUTIFUL day in San Jose, so it was kind of busy at the park (loose dogs, joggers, pregnant walkers?) which made him kinda nervous so he lead the walk back to his house. We went to his back yard (while I was babbling like an idiot about nothing) and he turns to me and pulls the ring out of his pocket and asks "will you marry me?" then went down on one knee. I started hyperventilating and just stared at the ring and I think he asked "please?" or he made the puppy face and I thought he said please, hahaha! I finally said yes and after laughing my head off, I asked "what do we do now?".
We don't have a date set yet because there is a lot to do in our lives before then, but we are patient and are just happy to have each other in our lives!
Ta Da! now you are all caught up!

(old and not very flattering, but its the only one i have of us together)

5 comments:
That's a good story Melissa. Congratulations again! Nate and I started dating in February, spent the summer apart, and then he proposed in September, so I think it's a good way to start! :)
Congratulations! I'm so excited for you. He sounds great.
Congratulations! That's awesome!!
Congratulations!!! That's very exciting news! Good luck with planning and if you are in Rexburg and need a place to stay, you are welcome at our home!!
YAY!!! thanks everyone! Everyday I feel stronger that this is the right decision!!
Post a Comment