In April? May? Rachel and I volunteered a Saturday to "dead head"* at the San Jose rose garden near my work. The garden was being dedicated that day by the Mayor and Rachel and I had a blast getting rained on, smelling flowers, and spreading feed pellets!
* "dead head" means to cut off the dead flowers and leaves off the bush to promote healthy growth. Not as much fun as it sounds.
The Mayor is in the middle of the group ready to cut the ribbon for the "test bed". This garden is one out of 35 in the whole US to test new breeds of roses! We are very proud!



1 comment:
In the years 2000 and 2001 I walked around that rose garden at least twice a day. I was working as a nanny on one of the neighboring streets. I would put Sam in the baby bjorn and little Elena in the stroller and our walk kept us busy for a good hour or so. Good times.
Post a Comment